So far, the 2010 MLB Playoffs have been a mix of spectacular individual performances and disappointing team play. Roy Halladay’s no hitter, only the second to ever to be thrown in the history of the MLB Playoff’s, was probably the biggest of them all. It was something so surreal to watch: the crowd, the atmosphere, the Doc’s humble reaction and respect for the game in his post game interviews. Those types of moments are why we love sports.
Then there was Tim Lincecum’s 14 strike-out shut out against the Atlanta Braves, which was another remarkable pitching performance. The slider Tim relied on, which got him so many strikeouts, was one he had developed only a month earlier when he and Matt Cain played around with a new grip on the ball. Great stuff!
At the other end of the spectrum, some teams just never showed up to play. The Minnesota Twins were swept, and never looked like a team capable of beating the Yankees. As for the Reds, they just looked flat. And the Braves suffered from miserable fielding errors which ultimately lost them the deciding game in the series.
But, enough of all that. We move on. It’s time for the League Championship Series.
ALDS and NLDS: Average Ticket Price Comparisons
- NLCS tickets, for the entire series, are averaging $447, which is 50% higher than the ALCS average ticket price of $298.
- For Game 7 tickets, the AL average (in Texas) is $376. In the NL, Game 7 tickets are going for, on average, $575 in Philly.
Here’s a look at a team-by-team breakdown
- Average = $504
- Lowest price = $160
- Diamond Club seats start at $770 and average $1,174
- Infield seats start at $400 and average $620.
- Baseline tickets start at $350 and average $499
- Outfield tickets start at $300 and average $443
- Average = $371
- Lowest price = $120
- Lexus Dugout Club seats start at $1,398 and average $1,565
- Field Club seats start at $650 and average $1,138.
- Club Infield tickets start at $450 and average $690
- Bleachers tickets start at $150 and average $239
- Average = $315
- Lowest price = $85
- Premium Infield seats start at $518 and average $1,059
- Lower Infield seats start at $379 and average $563.
- Corner Box tickets start at $138 and average $350
- Bleachers tickets start at $150 and average $215
- Average = $276
- Lowest price = $114
- Legends seats start at $1,844 and average $3,077
- Field Dugout seats start at $515 and average $896.
- Field Outfiled tickets start at $185 and average $400
- Bleachers tickets start at $120 and average $170