FANSNAP TICKET SEARCH ENGINE LAUNCHES
Sports, Concert, and Theatre Fans Can Now Easily Find Ticket Values
PALO ALTO, CA -- FanSnap(SM), the ticket search engine, after several months of public testing, today unveiled a new version of the live event search engine, and announced:
- FanSnap's ticket results now include more than 12 million tickets to 40,000 events from 57 ticket companies, with the recent addition of eBay tickets;
- FanSnap's industry-leading dynamic FanSnap Maps(SM), which allow fans to see ticket selection and price ranges at a glance, and zoom into a row- level view, have been created for more than 200 of the top venues in the U.S.;
- FanSnap's new "best value" feature, which highlights at-a-glance those ticket offers that are priced significantly lower than surrounding seats;
- FanSnap's new "view-from-seat" feature for many venues that will be rolled out over the next month.
"The FanSnap team's passion is to make it fast and easy for fans to find the sports, concert, and theatre tickets they want," said FanSnap CEO and co-founder Mike Janes. "Fans have an overwhelming number of ticketing companies to choose from, particularly as ticket re-sales have become very popular. FanSnap's search engine provides a single, comprehensive view of these choices that makes it simple for fans to quickly find the seats they want, at the price they want, when they want them."
Fans using the FanSnap ticket search engine can take advantage of several industry-first features that provide the ability to:
- view tickets for a "series" of events (e.g., a baseball home stand, a multi-night concert performance, or a week of Broadway shows) all at once;
- filter a list of events, using any or all of a number of criteria, including number of tickets, time of day, day of the week, and price range desired;
- see, at-a-glance, the price distribution of all available tickets for any event;
- determine at-a-glance the ticket price range by section using the colored "heat map" markers on dynamic FanSnap Maps;
- spot, at-a-glance, the "best value" tickets -- those tickets priced substantially less than surrounding tickets;
- zoom into the FanSnap Maps and see what tickets are available in which rows within a venue;
- view at-a-glance comparable ticket offers from multiple providers in a simple comparison format;
- place ticket offers in a "short list" for easy comparison of ticket details and total prices (ticket prices plus fees or commissions) across ticket providers.
On FanSnap, a search for tickets such as "Celtics," "Springsteen," or "Wicked" returns the actual available tickets, with details, from multiple ticket companies for easy comparison. This differs from a ticket search on the general search engines, whose results are web site addresses. Once fans have made their selection their tickets are placed into the ticket company's shopping cart to complete the purchase.
FanSnap is the leading online ticket comparison shopping site. Fans use FanSnap to shop 50+ of the most trusted secondary market ticket sites for the best deals on sports, theater and concert tickets. Partners include TicketsNow, TicketNetwork, StubHub, RazorGator, Las Vegas Tickets, Gold Coast Tickets, eBay, Barry's Tickets, AllShows.com, Tickets-for-Charity and Ace Ticket. Our detailed ticket-level search results are made possible by the combination of strategic industry partnerships and systems integration, as well as our FanSnap TicketDatasm systems and patent-pending dynamic FanSnap Mapssm.
In addition to Fansnap.com, FanSnap powers ticket comparison shopping for media partners including: TimeWarner's RoadRunner.com, PollStar, Philly.com and STATS Inc. partner sites. Palo Alto, CA-based FanSnap was founded in 2007 and is funded by General Catalyst Partners and Highland Capital Partners.